The aggressively growing storage solutions division of the Midwest's leading consultative technology partner is looking to expand our family with top-tier talent.
The ideal candidate will sell ,scope, and design storage solutions( products/and or services) for a wide range of clients in the Little Rock area.
A Storage Engineer at AOS will possess:
- Strong knowledge of Enterprise storage systems, replication technologies and DR architectures
- Strong technical knowledge of virtualization solutions
- Strong knowledge of Back and Recovery solutions
- Strong knowledge of Data Center server and blade technologies
- Ability to provide professional documentation ( diagrams, specifications, technical requirements, proposals)
- Ability to allocate storage to windows and UNIX servers using EMC tools. Provide reports on storage utilization and uptime of the storage arrays and servers attached to SAN.
- Coordinate with client management to formulate complex technical solutions. Informs client management of appropriate developments in technical support products.
- Must be able to allocate storage to servers with EMC tools.
- Oversees, implements, upgrades and troubleshoots EMC systems. Leads the implementation, and maintenance of complex solutions. Coordinates activities with other technical personnel as appropriate.
- Develops and analyzes highly complex system standards, thresholds, and recommendations to maximize system performance.
- Conducts capacity planning reviews with management and approves capacity plans formulated by less experienced personnel.
- Develops strategies to manage the frequency of appropriate support package/patch application. Monitors database maintenance and provides appropriate recommendations, when required.
- Coordinates with business development personnel on proposals and work estimates involving highly complex system administration projects and solutions.
- Researches current systems technology and serves as subject matter expert on complex systems processes and procedures.
- Provides technical leadership to internal and external personnel on highly complex system installation processes. Mentors and provides guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Provides technical leadership to appropriate personnel on highly complex system administration activities. Provides technical solutions and escalated support for non-routine, highly complex technical issues.
- Experience working with VMware and Microsoft products
Product Specific experience:
Must be familiar with and be able to implement multiple products from this list:
- Data Domain
- SourceOne (EmailXtender)
- Required to be certified in each product listed above in order to implement it
- EMCIE certification a plus
- Associate's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, MIS, related field, or equivalent professional experience